Is There A Supplier For These?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is There A Supplier For These?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 10:54 am:

I talked with Lang's, and this is an item they don't carry.

The picture shows the 7/16" Fine Thread Hex Head Capscrew that holds down the cap on the front engine-to-frame mounting bracket.

I need two of these hex head capscrews with the safety wire holes in them.

If you know of a supplier for these, please let me know.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Find some good used ones. This should be in the classified.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

I looked this up in my list of correct chassis fasteners. I was surprised to see the drilled head because I don't recall ever seeing a pair of them on a car wired. But the list says 7/16-20 x 7/8", drilled. Until you find a pair of originals, you could make do with new ones and drill the heads yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william matz Beloit, Wi on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

mcmaster part 95030A180 is a 7/16-20 castle nut.

Hillman products may have them also.

search Fastsall thay might have them

Good luck bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

He needs high head bolts that are drilled, not castle nuts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

That drilled head cap screw 3078 was used up to 1920, the screws wired together. 7/16"x7/8"

The 3078B was used after that, with a lock washer. The 3078B is the same bolt used for the upper cylinder head water connection (3008). 7/16"x15/16"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Thanks to all. It turns out that Lang's stocks them as p/n 3078.

Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

we make them and supply all the dealers, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

This what I found on my new toy, the holes in the bolt head look a little smaller than your picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

And this period photo shows the factory wiring too!

photo taken in 1915.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration