1910 rear axle switch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1910 rear axle switch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 11:32 am:

I am new to the early T club, so this may be a real easy question for those more knowledgeable; can you use tapered axles and wheels with the larger hub flange with an original six rivet housing? The 1910 I recently bought has a later style (1926/27) rear axle, but came with the correct 1910 housings. I'd like to rebuild the rear axle and put the tapered ones inside the six rivet and use the wheels I have. Can this be done, or do I have to find a straight axle and 5.5" hubs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 11:35 am:

call me Bill. Mark Eyre 269-719-7542. I can tell you faster then typing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration