IT Reo carb and Speedo rebuild

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: IT Reo carb and Speedo rebuild
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

Title is self explanatory! My 15 speedwagon will need the carb and Speedo redone. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Russ Furstnow speedometer. Stan Howe carburetor.Be reasonable and patient. Have sold speedometer heads and drive cores to Russ.Stan gives his time to this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Thanks jim. I wasn't sure if Stan only did model t carbs or not. I'll give him a shout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Be gentle. Stan has been a little burned out from a few unreasonable customers, and the stress of a stellar reputation giving him more work than he could handle along with the many other things he has in his life. He stated a couple months ago that he didn't really want any new rebuilt requests until about September (there were two treads where he made such a statement). He does do the best such work on the planet, and for many exotic as well as common carburetors. He also has a great collection of carburetors which he has begun selling off. Contact him? But be patient. Maybe he will even have one like you need?

I don't have current contact information handy, but I think his website is still up, and I might be able to find it. I stumbled onto it a few weeks ago because of a car he had for sale (I wish I were in a position to be interested in buying it).

Good luck with the REO!

And, Stan, I hope you are doing well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

I had a 20's REO Speedwagon, once. They used a Northwest speedometer and a updraft Johnson carb as I remember.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration