It must be easier in OZ

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: It must be easier in OZ
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

When I have to pull an engine I sure wish I had a door on both sides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

Or no doors at all! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Steve, how are you making out with the roadster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

I finally got to the mindset of "easier over a longer period of time", I took the body off of my 23 touring when I swapped the flywheel and replaced a planet gear bushing. Kind of like taking a longer and slower drive and getting to enjoy the scenery better. (I work in robotics, stuff that was not designed with ease of repair in mind). So I took the long road with the T repairs and enjoyed the trip. It also let me fix a few items found while taking stuff apart, like a broken spare tire frame mount tab. The took longer, but I enjoyed every minute of it (well, almost).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

I have auto correct! Should be "It took longer"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

Nice- It changed "hate" to "have", my PC has become PC! Excuse me while I shoot my computer...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

Steve, maybe that's why my 26 coupe has a driver's door...as it has nothing to do with using it to get in the car.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

Tim, that's what prompted the post. I'm just getting around to pulling the engine/transmission so I can dig into it and see what's up (or down).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

Nope, its not. My T doesn't have a drivers door. Just like you, I have to use the passengers side. But we had so many different coach/body builders, all doing their own thing and in their own style, I know some Oz cars did have front doors on both sides.
Cheers,
Rob

(Message edited by rob patterson on August 04, 2017)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration