Russian train vs UAZ jeep vs T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Russian train vs UAZ jeep vs T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

first see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-m1wgjPvrA

Do you think a T would have been more successful? Perhaps a T's larger 30x3 front tyres, especially matched with Ford LOW + an aux. under-drive tranny, would have made a difference?

ATTENTION - I am in no way suggesting T guys try this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis R on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

Wouldn't want to try that in a T, no way- no tire contact patch, probable wet tires and an open differential, good luck on that. Maybe you could get lucky if you took it at an angle...

My Samurai- no problem. Big mud terrain tires, 4 wheel drive, crawler low range gears and locking differentials- what railroad tracks?. But I would never cross in use / active railroad tracks, too much chance of hubris... (as the Russian gents found out)

Like everything else in life- Its easier if you use the right tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

I wonder what those words are we here after it's hit?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

I think they are calling a grand jury to see if that is Donald Trump in the video.

Making train wrecks great again!

This crash is going tobe huge! HUGE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

James,

I translate:

" Comrade - quickly we must call our Farmers Insurance agent to report this - they know a thing or two because they have seen a thing or two ".

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Looks like them Russky trains don't stop for nobody !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Uh, why didn't they just cross at the crossing?
OR
I wish I could read Cyrillic or understand Russian.
Bah, that UAZ didn't run good anyhow. Or did it have a two cylinder engine in it?
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 01:27 am:

The Cyrillic says national patrol. The first word the reporter says is "the driver" or just driver because there's no definite article in Russian. I've studied Russian and read it ok but I can't really understand it spoken because east Texas has no Russians I can practice speaking with. Probably one of those shows that just shows a bunch of random stuff around the country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:34 am:

I think the driver was cussing at the train engineer for not stopping. The same thing people do over here when they pull bonehead manuvers...blame the other guy! My fathers favorite quote from an accident report.."I've been driving for 40 years and never had an accident and this tree came out of nowhere"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:41 am:

G.R., one of my favorites happened to my son. (I was involved because he was in the process of buying the car from me, but I still owned it.) A woman ran a red light and totaled the car. When the cop showed up, she said, "I don't understand it. I drive through this intersection all the time and the light has always been green. I just assumed it would be green this time." That statement ended up in the police report and her insurance company didn't bother trying to argue with the assessment of who was to blame.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

Dick; as long as your son wasn't hurt we can recover from anything else!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

No, he was not hurt (and her insurance company settled quickly). :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration