26 Roadster Hip panel installation question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 26 Roadster Hip panel installation question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

I have installed the Door panels and kick panels and need to get the Hip Panels installed before I can finish the interior. The question I have is do you roll the material over and nail it and then pull it and trim the excess off. Seem to have a good amount of extra material and not sure what to do with it. Thought I should ask before cutting.
Thank
Gerald

Door Panel

Hip 1

Hip 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:20 am:

I have the same question...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Gerald. I think You are on the right track. I did the same way Used contact cement to hold material in proper position than white stuffing to get smooth I will try to post pic but I'm not good at it. Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:50 am:

Hopefully pict of 1926 Roadster interior.1926 Roaster1926 Roadster interior

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 07:02 pm:

Great Thank you for the pictures. That helps. I will proceed with the Hip Panel install.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

I got them on today. The wife starts telling me "you could have done this and you could have done that" I just smiled and said I Love you go ahead and take it apart and make sure it is done and the back of the seat is covered before next weekend. She is the best wife I ever had

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Blair on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 07:08 am:

All joking aside it turned out real nice and hope to have seat covered this week. Maybe the top on this weekend.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration