Top to Windshield ...adjustment?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Top to Windshield ...adjustment?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

When putting up the top, I get one side on but the other is nearly 1/4 inch off. I have to muscle and fight just to get it on. Any way to get the two holes closer together?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

loosen the nickel plated thumb nut and pull the windshield post over. Be sure to re-tighten the thumb nut, they can vibrate loose and fall off. If you get lucky, it will fall onto the running board and get caught so that you don't lose it on the road. (don't ask me how I know). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Mine were bent inward to windshield. I put a deep socket on them and adjusted them and it solved my problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

This would have been easier to fix before the top was installed on the bows. It depends on how the bracket is installed to the front bow. Apparently a little too much space between the brackets. Do what mark said. I have to do that with my 26 however I don't think it is quite as far off as 1/4 inch.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration