Advice on shipping T from Vancouver Island to Southern Ontario

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Advice on shipping T from Vancouver Island to Southern Ontario
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Can any members suggest the least expensive way of shipping a T Touring Car from Vancouver Island to Southern Ontario- Total distance = 4,500km (2,800 miles). Any advice welcomed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

My advice...don't necessarily go with the least expensive. Pay a little extra and use someone that you trust or that is recommended. Often the least expensive is so for a reason-they are used to moving new or used cars, not antiques. I have sold a few cars and have been very disappointed to load cars we have taken care of into or onto trailers that the buyer has hired because they were the east expensive. I won't go into details, but I could tell you horror stories I've seen from the least expensive transporters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Andrew,

The least expensive way would be for you to tow it on or in a trailer.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

You might also find the cost of transporting it from the island to the mainland and if it is running, drive it onto a ferry and then load after you get to the mainland.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

Chris Paulsen is exactly right.

Least expensive equates to cheap junk equipment, driver who may or may not speak English & could know little or nothing about collector cars. Little or no communication with you during the trip, Etc,Etc.

There are reasons I am booked 3-6 weeks in advance all year round...& I am not cheap!

Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration