Old Photo - Need help with ID of early Touring car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Need help with ID of early Touring car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Coyle on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

We need some help to determine manufacturer and year of this Large Touring Car. Picture was taken in Oak Harbor, Ohio. It appears to have 3 rows of seating. Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:13 pm:

Franklin, 1906-1906. 6 cylinder air cooled.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

Jump seats, 7 passenger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

It looks like a 1910 Rambler to me. Note the radiator cap, the spare tire on the right side that looks like it has a wheel in it, and the small, square electric sidelights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

My first barely a glance said "Franklin". Then it didn't seem quite right. Next thought was also Rambler. The angle of the photo doesn't really show it, but Rambler had very distinctive radiator designs (for several years, the core sets back from the outer surround). This looks like it may be that way.
I would have to dig into a lot of old photos and research books to be certain. But I think 1910 (give or take one year) Rambler would be my best guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

me thinking maybe 1908 Ranier

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

It's definitely a Rambler as Chris posted earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Coyle on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Thank you for the fast responses. The driver is my neighbors great great grandfather. Picture was taken with his house in the background.

Saw this pic of a 1910 rambler on the Web. It shows the same rear fender and possibly the spring assembly behind the rear tire. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

It is definatly 1910 rambler model 55. Good clues in addition the ones already mentioned are the hood latches, electric side lites (1910 only) the door latches,the thresholds between the dash and front seat, the windshield brace and the step under the rear door and it obviously has jump seats which makes it seven passenger. I own a 1910 rambler modeled 54 which is 5 passenger. The have 432 cubic inch engine and they will go!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

A friend of mine has a Rambler, slightly newer than that one, about a '12 I think. I also used to know a fellow that had a Jeffery from the first year after the name change. The two cars were similar, both incredible tour cars.
Dale K, Can you share a few pictures of yours?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

Well, I stand corrected by a true expert Mr Kemmerer, he may be older than me but his eye site is far superior.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration