Looking for more info--Accessory Intake manifold

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for more info--Accessory Intake manifold
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

I have this accessory intake manifold that I have not seen before. I tried doing a search on it, but have come up empty.

I assume the port on the front (which seems to be a straight thread) was for a fitting that I can only assume had some piping of sorts that went to the exhaust manifold.

There are two ports just under the up curve before the main ports that are about 1/4" diameter---which I can assume was to let the heat back out. These face out the sides front to back---almost inline of where it says Syracuse, NY

The bulbous center which I will call the heating port, does not connect in anyway to the two intake ports and carb port, but rather surrounds that section of the manifold.

The carb port opening is approx 1/8" smaller in diameter than a normal T intake.

Does anyone have more info or seen this manifold before?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Scroll down a bit on this page:

https://books.google.com/books?id=CfNYAAAAYAAJ&pg=RA6-PA78&lpg=RA6-PA78&dq=the+e conomy+manifold+syracuse,+new+york&source=bl&ots=JXnS6PsX7x&sig=Y32gpMM7UsSfBK9a kZYLHmIRgUA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwinsrff5sPVAhXplFQKHZVJDcQQ6AEIRDAF#v=onepage&q =the%20economy%20manifold%20syracuse%2C%20new%20york&f=false

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Nice manifold Syracuse is 15 min. Away from me and it was
Pretty cool to find this dual manifold here these guys must
Have been in competition .
Perfect manifold   Syracuse NY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

As usual, my searching skills prove unworthy compared to others.

Mark, THANK YOU Very much, that is pretty much what I had in mind. I wonder how the pipe attached to the exhaust manifold. I am thinking a hole was drilled for the tubing. This might explain the two holes drilled I explained above, and thus would let the exhaust gasses escape as a small exhaust leak.

Jim, I bought the manifold from out of state. I took a chance on it, I probably paid more than I should, but i felt the need to bring it back to NY. Plus I never have seen this particular manifold before---or yours for that matter.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration