OT - it finally happened, a Ford Model K on the end of a tow rope

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - it finally happened, a Ford Model K on the end of a tow rope
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

All the pickups were hooked up to trailers at the Early Ford Registry Tour in Paynesville, MN, so we had to resort to an old car for a pull start....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b6xkwdlnbrnsmo/Video%20Aug%2006%2C%205%2014%2052%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

Did you get it going?
What was the matter?
Was the switch on?:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Where is Royce when you need him? Glad to see your on the right end of the rope!!!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Ken, I wouldnt slam a door that hard. To funny, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

Just a joke.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

There were a few issues, but the primary issue was the fuel valve was shut off. Once that was corrected the Columbia sprang to life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Hey, Rob -- You should install a trailer hitch on your K so you'll have a convenient place to hook a tow rope to help out those "lesser" cars. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

Faster than a speeding bullet!
More powerful than a locomotive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 08:15 am:

Good to read a post from you, Rob. Was wondering what you are up to now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Thanks guys. As Tim mentioned, fuel off was a decided problem... :-)
You may notice the Columbia has been re-badged with a Ford brass script. We told the owner we will have a ceremony one of these evenings and take the Ford script off, bend it and give it back to the owner..... (a la the T.V. Show "Branded").
Of course we won't.... all good fun and no cars down yet on the tour. We have two Model S, two Model K, one Model A and one Model N, along with our "Folumbia (Columbia with Ford script)."
"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 09:44 am:

Those other cars surely look tiny sandwiched between the two K's. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Were can you see these cars touring? I live in central MN and would love to look them over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

Rob, The Columbia owner looked like Wade Smith from San Antonio. Was it ? And did he just have the gas turned off?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

I thought I was the only one that remembered the TV show "Branded"! Along with "Whirlybirds", "Sea Hunt", "Casey Jones" and a couple dozen others that are almost never mentioned anywhere.
Everyone (over 50) remembers George Reeves

Rob, Glad to see you out and about with that beautiful K!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

Rob,

Thanks for posting the video. Looks like you are having a great time.

If you have a chance, please take a photo of the tag on the windshield of the blue Model K Touring. I would like to know if it says "Troy" on it somewhere as Troy supplied both wooden and metal windshields for the early Model Ts. Erik posted the photo below (thank you Erik).

Have fun, wish I could be there with you!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:45 am:

Matt L, you are so close!
Last year, this model T rabble-rouser drove down to Paynesville on the Saturday (I think) just to see what's-what.
I was surely impressed! In a good way. :-) Wowee!
Check the early ford registry site.
A group of nice people there when I went.
I got very lucky with a nice fellow from a couple states south of us.
VERY lucky and a once in a lifetime!
I had a wonderful time! A very early little Ford tried to run me over in the parking lot that morning! Pretty cool.
I worked this last weekend... :-) Else I would've bothered those folks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration