24 touring upholstery question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 24 touring upholstery question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

In my kit I got 4 sheets of cotton and 4 sheets
Of cloth the instructions say one of each go in the cushions but does not mention them in the back rest. Anybody done one it's a classifies kit.
Thanks philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 07:30 am:

Philip, if they give you 4 sheets and you have 4 springs I assuming 1 in each spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 08:04 am:

yea im sure that is the case i will call them
with no directions i dont know if the extra goes evenly around of pull all the way up to add to the crown. philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:56 am:

When you do the back rest, but sure to get the spring assy as low as you can without hitting the cushion. Get plenty of padding above the spring too, so everything will blend in. You don't want to be able to see the top of the spring outline through the upholstery. I believe the company you are searching for is Classtique.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Hey Philip, I read about those upholstery kits from classtique on Thier website and I thought it said they came with complete installation instructions

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william m leahy on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

They have a comprehensive video on installing their kit on their web site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Let me start with so far their kit is top notch
I would not call the directions comprehensive.
Mike's video on the bottom cushion is great he is using the channel mount system that he recommends
In the video . Whoever wrote the written instructions did not like that system but the video was great got the bottoms done. The video and
The written instructions a couple pages start assuming you have the springs in and everything
Ready to staple but I talked to Mike he is great
And answered all of my concerns. I will report back on the backrest results. Philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Philip, how about some pics of your progress. I have a 24 touring also that I'm going to be doing the apholstery with that same kit. I'd like to see how your doing. Doug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 07:45 am:

i will snap some tonight going to put in one of the backs. philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 09:09 am:

here are some pics i had to trim off a button on each side . let me know what yall think. philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Looks awesome Philip, did you make that setup with the threaded rod to compress the cushions? I hope mine looks that good when I do it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 08:24 am:

yes i did and you better make it strong if you use the channel mount system you will have to squash it
way down. the cushion is no problem the backrest
will test you some. i bought the classtique kit and
i like it but i used the cartouch directions that i found on the web. i did the back by myself in about 4 hours did the front last night with a helper in about an hour but i knew more the second time. also use the tacks to put the stuff in you can fill in with staples after you are done but the tacks hold better while you are working with it.philip

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration