OT but kinda related

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT but kinda related
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Lying here in the hospital, checking craigslist I found a '58 Edsel 2 door hardtop. I might have hit my head in the accident that put me in here, but I like it and it looks like an easy restoration. I might have to have it. Should I have them do some more tests on my head?Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:22 pm:

If it is a Citation or Corsair with automatic transmission it has push-buttons in the middle of the steering wheel to shift the transmission.
forget it. Get something else or plan to just convert it to manual shift, like a '58 Mercury trans with or without overdrive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

Wait until you get off any pain medication before making any decisions. I'm still recovering from lung surgery three weeks ago and have been thinking foolish things as well... I hope that it passes soon, the latest one was a 1965 Mustang just like the one I had in high school (rust and all) and then I realized just how that car was and shuddered.

Keep the faith, and good luck with your recovery!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Yes, of course........ :-) No answer there eh? :-)
If you like that Edsal, get it and enjoy it like you do with your older vehicles.
The folks at the hoosgow would've kicked me out long ago! I'm a terrible patient, no patience at all. :-)
You're a tough man Thom!
We need you to get out and get back at it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Forget the Edsel. Passed on it, but I found a 1930 Chevrolet 4 door sedan barnfind. It is complete but partially disassembled. The wood has been replaced. The body is in fantastic condition. It, thanks to a couple of very good friends, will be waiting for me, in my garage when I go home from the hospital. My '21 T will keep it company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

You have good friends Thom. :-)
Ooh! A "stove bolt" six! Never played with one of those. Yet.
If your '21 and the '30 are open minded, they'll get along just fine!
Get well soon!

(Message edited by Duey_C on August 08, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 04:54 am:

Tommy, have them check your brain functions thoroughly.
At least the Edsel was a Ford, now your considering a Chevy?
I say it's a bad case. LOL
Get well soon and have fun with the Chebby !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Looks like the 30 Chevy deal is off too. Oh well, there is an interesting '52 Chevy business coupe for sale nearby. I believe I'll check it out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration