License plate or plates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: License plate or plates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:07 am:

Anyone know if Massachusetts issued two plates or one plate in 1926?

I, also, would like to know who sells Massachusetts plates(1926). I am looking for original paint on plate or plates (un-restored) which can be put on a car. I know the classifieds!

If the registry or whatever they called it back then issued only one, then I am out of luck because Massachusetts has a two plate system or would there be an exception to this rule?

Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:24 am:

Mass. issued 2 plates for 1926, white letters on a black background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:30 am:

1926 Massachusetts passenger plates were issued in pairs.

Massachusetts law regarding displaying year of manufacturer plates:

"The Registrar may approve of the display of only one (1) Year of Manufacture plate (if that is all that is available) even though the RMV issued two (2) plates per vehicle in the year the plate was originally issued."

Click on this link - see third page, see #2. V.:

https://www.massrmv.com/rmv/forms/20132.pdf

As far as purchasing a pair of unrestored plates, you would be better off contacting a member of the Automobile License Plate Collectors Association in your state and see if he can refer you to someone that has plates for sale:

https://www.alpca.org

There is a ALPCA Colonial Region license plate meet in Leominister, MA on November November 12. The contact is Alan Young at 781-258-0363. Call him and see if he can give a few names of collectors in your area that may have some 1926 MA plates available for sale.

Have fun.

(Message edited by Erik_johnson on August 07, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

WOW! I did not know there was this much information regarding license plates.

Thank you All>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Smith on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

I have a nice pair of Indiana 1926 plates. If you can't find the ones you need just move to Indiana and I can fix you up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

I set up an automated search on the electronic bay that emailed me whenever a Louisiana plate was listed.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john hardiman on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Hello Ed,

Been to Indiana with my son who tried out for the Indiana Ice Hockey team. Batting 1000, got a ticket in a rent a car for no seat belts, beautiful state but can not afford the tickets.

Thanks any way. I'll stay here in Taxachusetts and hope for the best.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration