A lot of paint and print

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A lot of paint and print
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Today I went and looked at a item being sold on e-bay. The pictures provided showed a clean and well painted item. The description said over hauled and it listed many new parts inside the engine. I asked to see recpts for the engine parts and work but none were to be had. The add also said ready to work but hyd oil was leaking after a minute or two. New tires but I could see several thousand in hose replacement. I said thank you for the look and I think I will not bid!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Hi Bud, Talk is cheap and buyer beware!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

You did the right thing Bud. Just think about the poor guy that would not know it needed so much work.
You used your knowledge to good advantage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:22 am:

My cousin is kind of shady and wanted me to put a weed slinger made from a truck rear end on Craigslist for him. Told me to take a picture of the side without a flat. I told him somebody is going to be mad when they drive 50 miles to get that and it has a flat, cracked 9.00-20 tire on a split rim for a surprise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:32 am:

and what has this got to do with a Model T forum ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 05:42 am:

Brass TT, everything. Buyer beware!!! JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 07:14 am:

Caveat Emptor! (This means people have been doing shady things like this for a few centuries!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Brass TT,Never smart just sometimes lucky! After being hosed on my first model T 20 plus years ago,i slow down and step lightly. PS,I see said item is/was removed from e-bay but i never spoke of it except here and i never said what it was.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

??????
AS you said "was leaking Hydraulic oil" and you could envisage "several thousand in hose replacement", then obviously nothing to do with Model Ts.

Sadly I suspect you have no one else to talk to ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 12:09 am:

Perhaps it's just a reference point for anyone, Brass. :-)
Including T'ers.
Take our time, open our eyes, think and trust our gut is what Bud is saying. I think.
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration