Need transportation for my NEW 15' Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need transportation for my NEW 15' Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

Just bought a 1915 Model "T" Ford Touring today at a auction and need to get it home. It's in Bangor MI, a little west of Kalamazoo MI to or near Greenville WI 54942, a little south of Green Bay WI and just west of Appleton WI. Must be reputable and have trailer towing knowledge. It only took me 62 years to get one and I don't want to lose it now !!! email: liveryone@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:17 am:

Congrats, John!
Am anxious to get a look-see! Let me know when you get it home....
Take Care; Behave; Don't Shoot! (and)
Happy T-ing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 07:31 am:

John,
I am glad you found the one you wanted! I am also very sorry I was not able to bring this one to you ,so I could get a look at it & see you & your wife again. My schedule is so crazy these days, I would not have been able to do it till late September.

Give this gentleman a call, he is based in Michigan & I have sent many of my overflow to him. I have then checked back with the customers & they have been very pleased with his service (single car enclosed)
Doc Schwarz (734)341-0507

God Bless
Bill

(Message edited by Bills Auto Works on August 08, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 08:29 am:

I always call you first Bill before any other transporter. I'm spoiled now with quality, dependable service. I'll give Doc a call. Next time you come down an visit those grand-pups, take time to see my NEW brass Touring Marv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 09:02 am:

John -- Congratulations on getting your "new" car. I had a '15 Touring for 10 years and had a lot of enjoyment from having it. I drove that car to the Centennial and back in 2008, 1,800 miles on that trip. 15's are very special to me. Have fun with it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Thanks guys, I'm going to have to start putting "raincoats" on some of those "T"s, they seem to multiply. I've heard of this sickness and never thought it would happen to me !!! WELL GUESS WHAT...........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coleman-Grand Marais MN/Detroit MI on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 09:04 pm:

Consider renting a UHaul car trailer. They are inexpensive, safe, and easy to deal with. Worked perfectly for me until I bought my own 2-axle trailer. Tows well using a Ford Explorer (or comparable vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Hey guys, thank you, I was surprised and grateful for the responses here on the forum and phone calls. I have some nice towing equipment, but can't or shouldn't drive (strong pain medication). Can't even be a good passenger, have to stop often to go #1 (cancer/radiation). So I reached out and found a new Model "T" friend (Dan Schultz from Sheboygan WI) that generously would do it for cost (can't beat that)!!! To some it's just a car, to me it's a dream I've had since about 8-9 years old and it only took some 62 years to make it happen. You guys have no idea as to how much I appreciate this, thank you MTFCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

I love a happy ending! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration