Invitation to a party

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Invitation to a party
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Sunday!!!! Sunday!!!! Sunday!!!!
Everyone in the area driving a Model T is invited.
Central New Hampshire Model T Club “the Granite T’ers” Tour to
BURDICK’S CHOCOLATES & THE WALPOLE CREAMERY
August 13th, 2017 open to all Model T and Model A drivers
This will be a very challenging tour, so check your vehicles over well. Check your brakes, because you’re going to need them.
Check, top off your cooling system as there will be many hills to climb. Adjust your bands if you have them, to make sure they work properly.
Be sure to bring extra oil and coolant, this will be an “Iron Butt Tour”.

We start at Page’s Corner Store located on Route 77 just west of the blinking light, on Route 13, Clinton Street coming from Concord, in Dunbarton, NH to Burdick’s Chocolates and the Walpole Creamery in Walpole, New Hampshire. We will have a half hour (9:00 - 9:30) rest stop at McDonalds & Irving Gas in Hillsboro, to allow those that want to join us from that area, before traveling onto Walpole. Another rest / gas stop when we get to Walpole where we will stop for lunch at Burdick’s or enjoy a picnic lunch on the common.

This will be a long day and anybody that would like to join or leave along the way is welcome to do so. Trailer parking is available at Clough State Park, entrance using Ray Road, on left 1¼ mile past Page’s Corner Store, across from transfer station.

As stated there will be a lot of hills to climb and dirt roads to be travel over, the whole tour will be approximately 120 miles in total (80 miles for the Hillsborough Group).
We will leave Page’s at 8 am sharp.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

120 miles - that's a short tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Dave, you are correct, but by the time you get here it will be a longer tour.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Warren,

You are only doing this because I am in Wyoming and you know full well that I would eat ALL of the ice cream and most of the chocolate .....

Wishing I was in New Hampshire with you all on Sunday ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 06:07 am:

Thank you Jim,

Did I ever tell you that I was on OTR truck driver and I love the state of Wyoming. Little America was one of my favorite truck stops in the whole country and there is nothing prettier that topping Bear Mountain and seeing Laramie on a clear winters night.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:00 am:

Warren,

I kinda am a modern abbreviated version of Charles Kuralt ....

As a kid I would watch him travel the country - reporting from the road.

As I get older I tend to linger a bit longer when I stop - this is such a beautiful nation of roads to travel .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:38 am:

FJ, I'd be right behind ya in the ice cream line!
Nice pics from both of you guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 06:42 am:

FJ & Tim, Walpole Creamery, LTD (the “Creamery”) was established in 2006 in picturesque Walpole, New Hampshire. We produce award-winning, locally sourced, all-natural, super premium ice cream at our production facility located at 532 Main Street. Our award winning ice cream starts with local fresh milk from the Elm Island Farm right here in Walpole New Hampshire. I believe that the butter fat content is 18%.
L.A. Burdick Chocolate are happy to be considered one of the premier confection and bonbon makers in the US and abroad. We have a 20+ year history in the specialty chocolate industry. Our focus is on using the best chocolate, made from the finest cocoa beans available.

We look to the tropics for our couverture (cocoa bean source), Europe for our chocolate block and liquors, and locally here in New Hampshire for the freshest cream, butter and eggs. To help underscore these fine ingredients, we make our bonbons in small batches without the use of molds.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration