FJ- Goodyear is making trailer tires in the states - I just installed some on my enclosed trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ- Goodyear is making trailer tires in the states - I just installed some on my enclosed trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

Good news for those looking for an American made trailer tire ....

@ https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-US/media/news/goodyear_launches_american_manufactured_trailer_tire.html

I just installed (3) of these on the curb side of my enclosed trailer - interested to see how long they will last ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Jim, I really like how they put the 80 PSI in big print so you don't have to stand on your head to read it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

Dean,

Agreed - that is nice.

I am curious to see how long the tread will last.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 04:45 pm:

I had a set of Marathons made in the USA on my old boat. They made 18 Canada trips with a heavy boat loaded to the gills. No issues. Sold the boat to a friend and 10 years later they were still good tires. Last ones I bought were manufactured off-shore. Had a blowout and tire failure with 10 miles on them. Wrecked the boat trailer. Know too many other folks that have had the same experience. I switched to Kumho 857's and have experienced zero problems. So, before I switch back to Marathons, I want to see lots of favorable reviews from folks who have put plenty of trouble-free miles on them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

I had Goodyear Marathon on my camper, and they were MADE IN CANADA. They held up well, but had to be replaced due to age, so I bought another set of Goodyear Marathon, thinking they were the same as the old ones. I later discovered the dreaded MADE IN CHINA, stamped on the sidewall. I was P###ed!
A couple of months ago I decided those had gotten too old, even if they had seen very little use. I was sooo happy when I discovered that the new Goodyear ENDURANCE are now made in the USA. They cost a little more than the Marathon, but they have an "N" speed rating. That equates to 87 m.p.h., so it indicates to me that Goodyear has put more "beef" into the Endurance tire line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

This sounds like good news to me!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

I got mine at Discount Tire Company aka America's Tire Store where I buy all my tires.

They will price match at the local brick & mortar store and the road hazard has no pro rating - tires are replaced free when you buy a road hazard certificate.

I usually run their brand of trailer tire - Hartland - but they were out - I needed (2) tires replaced under road hazard - they gave me the more expensive Endurance for free & I bought the third.

I have come full circle - I used to buy all my tires from them 30 years ago - tried a few other places for a few years - came back to Discount Tire Company.

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration