Brass Lamp Repair/Restoration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brass Lamp Repair/Restoration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Any suggestion for who to use to repair/restore my brass John Brown Model 15 headlamps? They are in pretty rough shape and I don't trust myself with repairing stress cracks in brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Rick Britton Ceresco Michigan has done several complete sets of Model T Era lamps. Good quality brass work isn't very economical unfortunately. Contact me off line and give you his contact info. Respectfully Mark Eyre.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

Thanks, Mark, I'll call you tomorrow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Bill:
I can provide you with a name who you do not want to deal with. PM me if unable to work this through others. Rick Britton's work is Concours premium quality, where unfortunately his wait list and rates reflect this.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Rick Britton has done a number of brass lights for me. He is a true artist and his work is second to none. Highly recommended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Bill, check with Mark Metzler. He restored my crushed and cracked 1907 marine searchlight fast, perfectly and cheaply. Turned it into an absolute work of art!

http://www.metzlerbrassrepair

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Howard, his site says he's a brass instrument guy - can he restore headlamps?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

I recently contacted Mark Metzler and he indicated he is so backed up on musical instruments that he is not taking anything else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

"Howard, his site says he's a brass instrument guy - can he restore headlamps?"

Bill, isn't your computer showing my 2 pictures?

He restored my light in April and I'd call and ask him if I were you.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Try contacting Gilbert Metal Products 10816 Saint Louis Dr El Monte, CA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:49 am:

Bill, Rick Britton does a good job. His Phone #269-979-3928 address is 10391 1 drive S. Ceresco, MI 49033

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Hello Bill,
A gentlemen by the name of Bill Glass restored a set of John Brown Model 15 for my 1910 and did a wonderful job! Send me an email if you would like his contact info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

I have known Bill for many years and he has done lamp and other restoration work including the original lamps of the six new "1914 Fords". He is also handy with rebuilding early 4 or 5 ball carburetors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woolf on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Do you have Bill Glass' contact info. I am needing to have my 5 ball carburetor rebuilt.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration