OT - National Senior Park Pass Price going up

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - National Senior Park Pass Price going up
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

I just left the Ulysses S. Grant Nation Park in St. Louis County were I found out the Senior Pass cost is going up August 28th to Eighty Dollars. The fact of the rise in price is not news to me, just the actual date is. I also found out that you can buy multiple passes in case you loose one or to leave in multiple cars. The pass is per individual and can not be used by any other person, even your spouse. There was a line of people buying passes and the ranger claimed that they have sold over a hundred today.
My original pass has saved me over Six Hundred Fifty Dollars in our travels so I bought an extra pass for just in case. If you are over 62 and want one, now would be the time to get one or to get a spare!

Just an FYI.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

I second what Stephen said. Amazing value through the years.

As a side note, when I organized my Air Force reunion in June, the Ulysses S. Grant Historical Site was one of the places I took everyone. My daughter, S-I-L and their twins went with us. This is Alex and Sofia being duly sworn in as Junior National Park Rangers. They took it very seriously.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

I had read of this on another thread, but had not been able to act upon it. I thought the date had already passed? Guess not? Do all National Park sites sell them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Dick,

That is really a cute picture .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

All national parks will sell them till the stock is gone. They are ordering more, but that takes time. These passes are an exceptional value and they are selling like hotcakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

The passes can be bought at a number of different places. We bought ours at a local federal dam installation. Wildlife refuges nation forests and such also sell them. Look on line for a listing. Our office did not take credit/debit cards, and preferred a check over cash! The passes are good at about any federal park, wildlife refuge, or federal recreation area that charges admission. The passes are also recognized by some state parks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

We got ours a few weeks ago.
Drove up to the gate gave them $20, showed our licenses, got 2 passes with our names on them.
It was easy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

My bride bought ours yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

I ordered mine online through the NPS website. Should be here at my door in a couple of weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

I wonder what changes are in for those who have had the pass for years? The one I have was bought many years ago and allows anyone in the car to enter. My wife and I have used it and also have taken our son and grandson with us to Yosemite and we all got in on the one pass. Also attended one of the Canyonlands tours and both of us got into 4 different national parks on that one pass. Also use it for Death Valley, Joshua Tree and Cabrillo. It would be sad if the "lifetime" pass became less valuable and family members had to buy their own.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

Norm, as far as I understand it, the conditions of the pass have not changed... just the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

Thanks, Jim. Guy in a uniform administers them an oath after they passed the test to qualify, and they took it seriously! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Additional note if you're close to St. Louis.

The Ulysses S. Grant Historical Site posted this on Facebook yesterday: "SENIOR PASS UPDATE -- Monday, August 14. We received 2000 passes at noon today."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Google was almost no help. But I still managed to find an office ten miles from home that had them. Got mine yesterday. I found a website that lists (supposedly) every place in the nation that sells these.
They are separated by state.

https://store.usgs.gov/sites/default/files/PassIssuanceList.pdf

Other information and links here:

https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass

They did, and may still, have a link to an online way to order the pass. It had an extra $10 fee.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration