Kay's heart surgery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Kay's heart surgery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Tomorrow morning my daughter goes in for open heart surgery. If you could take just a second out of your day to say a little prayer or send good wishes in her direction I'm certain it couldn't hurt and it might do a lot of good.

May God bless each and every one of you,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

Mike, consider it done. We know what it's like to have daughter that has serious health issues. Give her a hug for us.
Dave and Tammy Stroud

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Mike, will keep you both in prayer tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Time gladly taken and prayers just sent Mike.
Keep us informed and bless you and your daughter Kay.
Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Ross-Maysville, KY on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Prayers your way Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Voller (Aitkin MN) on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Our prayers are with her

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

We will send them on..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Praying for Kay and praying for gifted hands of the surgical team.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

on going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

She is in our prayers.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Scholz on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 11:22 pm:

Mike, Blessings and prayers for your daughter, you, and your family, plus the surgical crew.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:06 am:

On the way. Again.
Hang on my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 01:20 am:

More prayers from here Mike,....and I know it's a scary thing, but open heart surgery is over 40 years old now, and it's absolutely amazing how far the medical profession has come. Have faith and she'll do fine!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 02:26 am:

Have had it myself in 2009. Was scared to death. made sure will was in order; designated T friend to assume my collection; made obituary at Funeral Home. Fortunately none was needed. Prayers for safe recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 02:26 am:

You and yours are in my prayers, especially your daughter, Kay. -May our Lord and Savior bless, keep and protect her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 04:19 am:

A prayer for Kay and another for you. Place your burden in His hands. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 06:59 am:

You, Your daughter and your family are in our prayers. Hope all goes well

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:25 am:

Prayer said Mike.

My teenage son had surgery that involved cutting through his breastbone and opening up the thoracic cavity.

And, although his heart wasn't involved, it was tense for us and the recovery was painful for him.

I hope all goes well for her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:26 am:

Prayers sent Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:27 am:

Done

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 08:36 am:

My daughter was born in 1970 with a heart murmur. She had open heart surgery in 1974. It was new and risky then, but had to be done. They said she might be able to have one child if everything went right. It did. She had two kids and has run a few marathons. May your daughter have the same results.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 08:59 am:

Can Do, Will Do...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Fred, my daughter has a similar story. She was born with a chromosomal defect called Turners Syndrome. It caused her to stop growing at a very young age. She has a bad heart valve and a murmur plus several other issues including the inability to have children. And yet over the years she's run several "Half" marathons and finished Grandmas marathon in Duluth. She's 36 years old now and has two adapted sons. We told her that when she ran Half marathons she was so small she had to move her legs more than a taller person running a full marathon. She truly is a special person and I think they're going to find she has a heart of gold.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and best wishes. She's in the hospital now and in their hands. I'm certain God is looking over her and her surgical crew. Now it's a matter of waiting and praying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Mike,

Prayers sent...

May God bless her and your family on this day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Prayers for you and your daughter Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:11 am:

My heart and Prayers go out to your daughter , you and your family.

George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

We are praying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

Thanks for the update, Mike. Just said another one for good measure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Mike - what's between their ears has a lot to do with it - attitude. It sounds like your daughter has that part under control. I'll be rootin' for both of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

Prayers sent Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 08:49 am:

Mike, sending you and your daughter my prayers now! Good luck and God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Mike, Daughter and your family are in our prayers and thoughts. Please keep us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

Still praying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:32 am:

Mike, I went through the same thing four years ago.
Very little pain, had medicine to combat pain but I didn't take much of it.
They encourage you to take the pain pills if you have the slightest pain. I took very little. It's a dangerous thing.
The worst thing was that I could not taste food. That made it hard to eat.
The best thing to eat was apple sauce. They usually run out of apple sauce every evening.
If you have folks Recovering from heart surgery take them plenty of applesauce. They will love you for it.
The first three days it is hard to eat. After that the taste buds wake up again.
Another thing I would warn anyone interested is to be careful about about drinking too much water.
I never take more than one third of a glass or cup of anything.
After I was home two days I had to go to the nearest hospital for two miserable days. I got water in my lungs. That happens.
Getting rid of the water was worse than the open heart surgery. I lost ten lbs. in 24 hours. It was hell.
People who are otherwise in good health get through it without much trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 08:36 am:

Continuing my prayers, but a bit worried we haven't heard from you. God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 09:27 am:

Keeping you and your family in our thoughts And prayers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 09:35 am:

To the best of my knowledge my daughter is doing fine. My son was my information link. The night after surgery he made a decision to stop communicating her status to me. I'm spending a lot of time praying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Praying for recovery and thankful for good surgeons. Allen Brintnall S.W.Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 11:29 am:

Just saw this message. I pray her recovery is swift and complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

Still worrying and wondering.
More prayers sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

I went back and brought this back to the top to report my daughters status. Kay went home late yesterday afternoon. She went through the surgery without incident and there have been no complications. Now it's time to mend, heal and rest.

My son stopped relaying information Thursday night because the emotional cost was so much more than he was able to handle. The constant status updates were so overwhelming he shut his phone off. His Mothers family, his Mothers husbands family and my daughters husbands family didn't seem to be able too come up with one representative each. And they all looked to him as their own personal "go-to" guy. Though I was the only representative from my family I lost my contact until tonight.

At any rate thank you all for your prayers and blessings. You really are a great bunch and I'm sure your thoughts and payers helped her through this difficult time.

Y'ALL ARE THE GREATEST!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Glad to hear she is doing well.
Thank you for the update.

Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

Even with the hiccups in communication,
this is good news Mike! Thankful to hear it from you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Glad all worked out well. All prayers for a speedy recovery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

Mike glad to hear all is going well. Now as they say is the healing time. 4 years ago June 12 past I had a 4 way baypass, and my everloving wife says I do more work now than before.
Tell her to take it easy and do what the DR says, and if it is rest REST,REST. Prayers to her for a speedy reco0very!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 12:35 am:

Mike G, I am so very pleased that things are going as well as they are. It truly is wonderful news.
Now, there are two things I want you to do for me.
One, is take good care of yourself.
Two, I would like for you to tell your son that I understand what he was going through (you don't need to give him my name). I have been that one contact point a few too many times in my life. I know how overwhelming it can be. Sometimes, just knowing others have been through such things can help. Sometimes it doesn't help.

Now, take care of you my friend. And your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 01:01 am:

Happy to see that our prayers have been answered in a positive way.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 02:25 am:

Glad to hear the good news, Mike. -Thank God.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 02:39 am:

Glad to hear the good news too. May she have a speedy recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 07:38 am:

Great to hear she's doing fine. I always say, payers DO work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 07:52 am:

Good hear. And, Tim, you're right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 08:03 am:

I know you will sleep a little better now, great news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 08:30 am:

Wonderful news. Positive and thankful news. Wish your Daughter a speedy and full recovery Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:02 am:

So glad to read this!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

Mike, I have been hoping that I would see this thread back at the top for just this reason. Very happy to hear this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

Glad it went ok, my 20 year old daughter had open heart surgery eight weeks ago. Besides a lot of pain in her shoulder she's doing good. It's amazing what the doctors can do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

Don, I thought my daughter at 36 years was young. At 20 years old she's barely started her adult life. I wish her well and I'll pray for all the young who have to face such difficult trials.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

We're so glad to hear that Kay is doing well, Mike. Heart surgery has come such a long way.

One of my wife's high school friends had heart surgery for a congenital defect in 1959 -- at age 17. She was sort of nursed along through her younger childhood, waiting for the medical technology to mature.

She's now 75 years old and seems to be fine. I'd say she's a real pioneer. Thinking back now, I can only imagine the anguish that her parents went through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

I'm so glad she made it through this Mike. I agree that attitude is probably the biggest thing going for folks undertaking this surgery, and often the last thing the doctors ask about. Praying she has a complete recovery and is able to run another half marathon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

Mike, good to hear your daughter made it through surgery and is healing. I pray all goes well. Take care Mike. It's tough to be apart from children and I pray and hope your relationship improves if possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:44 am:

Wonderful news Mike!!! Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration