wiring up elec windscreen wipper 26/7 roadster pickup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: wiring up elec windscreen wipper 26/7 roadster pickup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 05:07 am:

Hi folks i have just put a 6 volt elec windscreen wiper in my r/u 26/7. could someone please tell me or show me where it is wired up. Many thanks Gerry (NZ)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Gerry

Since the factory didn't have an electric wiper, only vacuum, then wiring will be up to you for best appearance and function.

Here is old time electric wiper wiring hookup. Home made look, but that is how it was done years ago.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/200530.html?1301287541

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

If your wiper has an armored cable going to it like is shown in the post referenced above, I believe I'd spot-adhere it to the frame and post with dabs of black silicone rubber. Leaving, of course, slack for opening and closing the windshield.

If the wires are naked, I'd encase them in rubber tubing of the smallest size I could fish them through, and do the same with it.

Silicone takes hours to 'cure' enough to hold the wire securely, so you'd have to use some chip clips or other mechanisms to hold the wire in place overnight. This might mean taking several days to do it a little at a time, depending on how many clips you have.

Where the wire is looped to allow movement of the windshield, a metal clip of some sort at each end of the loop is probably needed, to keep from pulling it out of the silicone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerry .D .Best (NZ) on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 03:42 am:

Hi folks ,Many thanks for all your help , Ill get on to it tomorrow and let you know how i get on.
Cheers Gerry (NZ)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration