OT but old car - Fire at Country Classic Cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT but old car - Fire at Country Classic Cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:07 am:

For years I have passed this place right next to I-55 when I would drive between St. Louis and Chicago. I stopped a few times to walk around but mostly did my gawking from the highway.

Looks like they plan to carry on.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/illinois/rural-illinois-town-mourns-after-maj or-fire-damages-classic-car/article_7aecc4d7-fcff-5163-9337-4c8fa2bde7dd.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:50 am:

I passed that place many times, glad to hear they plan to continue. Hope their insurance comes through for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:51 am:

What A Crying Shame!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:14 am:

Oh, that's sad.

I love the owner's comment, "It's no hill for a climber". Good for him. Looks like a nice guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:08 am:

The wife and I would often "window shop" on their website when we still lived in the states. He had some fairly reasonable prices. I too hope they have what it takes to continue :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:10 am:

A friend an I stopped there a few years ago, there was so much to see. The cars were packed in there just as in the very sad picture. As I remember it cost a few dollars, a bargain we thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Here's a link to a better look at the place. I agree with Gary that the prices seem reasonable, even if the cars need some work.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/multimedia/country-classic-cars-tour---part-one--/y outube_7ed7768b-f8b2-591c-b3e0-39efdb4e6ceb.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

They say the titles were saved, Not sure what good they now with the matching cars in ruins. You would need the vin number tag that goes with the car to make it legal. As hot as that fire got I would assume that most all vin number tags were melted also. Here in Florida you need an official to check the vin tag against the paperwork to make sure everything matches. All in all, It was a terable loss of cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

He didn't lose 100% of his inventory. Separate of identifying the scorched cars, the prospect of losing the titles for the cars that didn't burn would be a nightmare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

Walter, Your absolutely right. I failed to consider that. That would be twice today Iv engaged my mouth before engaging my brain. Seem to be an internal clutch slipping somewhere in my head! I will have to check my bands for adjustment..

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration