lighting a olelamp.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: lighting a olelamp.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:11 am:

good morning, Ive found a way to display some of my old lamp collection,I think it is a lot safe'r than the burner in the house.I have many rusted model t cowel lamps that are in bad condition,every once in a while I take 2 or 3 and make a useable one,[never toss any parts].I was in wall mart looking for a night light and found this setup,there called led puck lights,made by GE item # 25434,less than 10 bucks,they come in a two pack just touch the spot and there on. wireless too.3 AAA battery's and your in bizzness...I stuffed some rubber matting to fill the void where the burner was and this round light set right in like it was made for the job.no flickering tho but cant have every thing RIGHT!!I think TRAGURTHA might get this treatment.the cost of kero is beond my price..speaking of that we here in Vermont are lucky, we had the STEAM CARS VISIT THIS PAST WEEK WOW--what fun, talking to one of them question, where do you find the kero, to fire with, he told me they are now fireing with #2fuel[house hold heating] and gasoline 5050.and it works very good.[don't smell the same tho]hope this will give some one a idea.have a super day, GREG.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Richard,

Is this the Tregurtha you're referring to? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Nice to see an old "Laker". Not too many left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

I like Ultrapure Lamp Oil made by Lamp Light. The last I bought was from Ace Hardware, but I'm sure many places carry it. It is clear as water, doesn't blow out going down the road, doesn't soot up bad at all, and smells like a candle burning. The only thing is that it may gel at lower temperatures some of you guys have in the winter. No problem here in GA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

That boat comes in to the port of Sandusky Ohio for coal regularly. One of the few grand ol' ladies with the old fashioned pilothouses on the bow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

We sell top grade lamp oil in our store and most all sizes and widths of wicks. We do not ship oil, but would out mail wicks. I believe the 1/2 inch wick is best, but we should have the 3/8th wide one is stock. They are three for two dollars or three post paid for $3. We are not in the mail order business, but would sell some wicks as a favor. We have a retail shop in Excelsior MN 55331 at 239 Water St. Been here for 46 years.
our store

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

Jerry, wow what a beauty,the name tr[a]gutha comes from a tug boat engine,MURRY & Tragurtha, that i owned at one time, it was a lovely engine,[the day I cried,]I was told the tug was in a scrap yard,in Boston,ONLY 140 MILE FROM ME,I just could not get there,on the road,when I got there the engine laid on its side the hull was murderded with a torch..she was a 56 footer,perfect size for a house boat and salt fishing, I did all but tear up.scrapers have NO HEART!!the engine was a 210 hp single,when she was fired up and at idle she made the sweetest sound's through her 5 inch stack..thank you Jerry for asking,wonderfull memories.GREG.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 07:00 am:

I believe the Arthur M. Anderson, which was built in the 50's, is still plying the Great Lakes. I spotted her a few years ago at the Soo Locks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration