2017 Old Car Festival Registration Update

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 2017 Old Car Festival Registration Update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James R Johnson on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Hello All, Thank you for the amazing support over the past couple of weeks. We have about 540 cars registered and over 80 bicycles. The formal registration closes offically tomorrow, August 11th. If for some reason you, or someone you know is unable to register by then, please contact Kristi Best at 313-982-6058. We are looking forward to a really fun show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Thanks for resuscitating the OCF James. I'm sure its not a easy task. Many here were heart-broken by the way things were going. And still are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:48 am:

James, Thanks for the update. Looking forward to going. We were planning on getting there Saturday, but might show up Friday to attend the mixer....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

So glad all is resolved for the OCF..But as the registration said no campers and seemed locked in we decided to go to Michigan early and not attend the OCF, then a change of heart after the MM. Well we won't be there this year :-( but hopefully next year the 12' will be accepted.. Model T setting lonely in florida..............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

James, when are they going to notify applicants if they were accepted? Need to get hotel reserved. I sent it in the middle of July. I have heard nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

James,
When will I receive my refund for the $50.00 paid earlier this year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

James, do you have any more information about RV/tow vehicle parking, for us who have registered and been accepted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, August 21, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

I called kristi a week ago and she helped me with my questions.
Im in! She said in August they would be mailing more info. August is about over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James R Johnson on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 07:59 am:

Ed Baudoux, depending on the size of your rig, you will either be in the adjacent museum parking areas, or the Beaumont Hospital parking just off of Oakwood. As it stands now, rigs 20 feet and over will be at Beaumont, and smaller than that will be in the adjacent lots. Bicycles will all be in the adjacent lots, and Lansing to Dearborn will be in the Eagle Tavern. Mailings have just gone out with specific info as to your parking assignment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James R Johnson on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 08:01 am:

Brent Mize, please call Odelle Cadwell at 313-982-6100 ext. 2086. She will gladly figure out why you haven't received it yet, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:02 am:

Thanks James.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Thank you James, for the update.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Anthony DeMiglio on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

Thank you James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James R Johnson on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 - 10:14 am:

Another quick update. The mailing of pre-check-in materials and info has gone out. Everyone should have received an e-mail to confirm your acceptance prior to this. We are hearing that depending on your e-mail/internet provider, some emails are ending up in junk, spam, or other odd folders. This has especially been true with Gmail. Thanks and looking forward to OCF!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

James,

Thank you for another year of a Grand Old Car Festival!
May this tradition live long and prosper!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 09:37 am:

This was my first OCF. One of the highlights for me was Taslimah Bey. I intend to be back next year, and I hope she will be too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James R Johnson on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 11:19 am:

A heartfelt thanks to all who came and supported the show. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed working it. The weather certainly helped, but we exceeded last year's attendance numbers. Thanks again to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Thanks also James and everyone involved. The OCF was as good or better than any year I've been including the well run parking. I'm glad the weather was so perfect because had it been bad, the numbers would have gone down and I'm betting the weather would not have gotten the blame. An event like this certainly make life worth living.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

This was our fourth year bringing a car to the OCF, and sixth year overall. This one was the best, by far. The people running the show really cared about providing a quality experience, and it showed. Thanks to all!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

We to had a great time. Can't wait till next year. THF staff went out of their way to make us welcome. Although we haven't been to too many, this was the best we have attended. Participation, as well as spectators, at the games appeared to be way up as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration