Oi!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Oi!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry H on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1916-Ford-Model-T-Roadster/322634826106?ssPageName=STRK% 3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

Engine number correct for a 1916 - fan belt is riding kinda funny. Looks like a nice little runner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

That is a sweet car. I'm guessing it got painted at some point in the very distant past. Note the red oxide under the fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Man I would leave it as is and drive the wheels off of it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

I couldn't have that car in my garage. It has the wrong horn button!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

Outstanding survivor! I'll take care of that horn button!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 02:42 am:

Did anybody notice it had a 4 dip pan and a one piece valve cover? But if it has the correct engine number for 16, then it must've been a dealer replaced engine somewhere around 1924 at least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 03:09 am:

Mark, just bad camera angles and lots of dirt on the pan, all is 1916 non generator engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 03:11 am:

Sorry, meant Martin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 07:12 am:

TWO THINGS ARE KILLING ME RIGHT NOW:
1. I told my wife that I was going to start looking for a "pre-1910" car. She's thought that was cool and was all into it. When I showed her this car, her first comment was; "yeah, but it's a 16, and you want a 19-0-something...?" Realizing I was instantly on the spot, I had no come-back for that comment. So I guess I better stay the course with the 19-0-something... (Otherwise, I'd be owning this little jewel!)
2. I'm leaving in about 3 hours for Wisconsin and will be within 1 hour of the car, which means I could slip by for an inspection before bidding... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 07:47 am:

And the fan belt positioned as it was (the dealer that is selling the car says they've now corrected it) is probably an indicator that the radiator may be clogged. They got more speed out of the fan by mounting the belt like it is.... although I don't know how it stayed on the lower pulley?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Notice the original floormat has the cutout for the 1915 bulb horn! Jim, let me know what you think!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Absolutely Beautiful to my eyes.
I would almost trade my Shiny '15 for it.
Thank you Henry.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

Larry.. you are correct. It's just like mine. The other cutout is for a speedometer. Great car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Well...?? Who won the auctuon?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration