OT - Early Fords

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Early Fords
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

I was rereading certain parts of my copy of Pate's Early Ford Encyclopedia, and it got me thinking:

How often do these pre-Model T Fords exchange hands?

When was the last time a Model B was sold privately or publicly?

Do the surviving cars today generally have their original body/original parts/matching numbers/factory options etc?

I'm not a member of the Early Ford Registry forum, so I figured I would ask here just for curiosity's sake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 01:49 am:

Ryan,
You chose a bad time for responses, as many of us were on an Early Ford Registry and then Antique Car Run in MN over the last eleven days. Model B's are the "Holy Grail" in my opinion, with only seven known to exist, and one or two of those may be questionable as to authenticity.

Most of the alphabet Fords (A,B,C,F,K,N,R,S) I'm aware of are survivors, or parts survivors. Of the Model K I'm familiar with, most have matching transmission and engine numbers. Our Model N #3 has a unique history, as does our #823 (from first owner on) Model K. Model NRS are interesting predecessors to the Model T, and all the early Ford models were successful both mechanically and financially. Of the eight early Fords that started the Antique Car Run (120 plus mile run from New London to New Brighton MN), all eight finished.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u5w2a7ocbikt5g/Video%20Aug%2013%2C%209%2051%2054%20PM .mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 02:06 am:

Thank you Rob! I enjoyed the video, and the music.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Thanks for the information, Rob. Ive always been fascinated by these, especially when I went to see Piquette in 2012, and luck to have seen an N and R locally, as well. I love to see you and the other owners drive the wheels off of these cars, and would love to own a couple some day.

Fantastic video, as well. It's quite a rare sight to see a bird's eye view of these cars. Thanks as always for sharing your rare car with us!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

Rob, That's a really nice video! And the music is great too! Thanks for taking and posting it.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration