Model T artwork in Giddings, TX

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T artwork in Giddings, TX
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

I was driving through Giddings, TX a few days ago and saw the Model T (or at least part of one) that one of the downtown businesses is using as a sign.

It's been there a while and I'm guessing that someone else has posted a photo of it on here, but I can't say for sure.

A Model T parts/year expert I am certainly not, but this looks like a mishmash of parts to me. Is it? Or...is this a pretty tight grouping (year-wise) of pieces?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

Very cool. Would like to see from different angles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 01:34 am:

I can find out the owner of this. I used to know the owner unless it has changed ownership which I would not doubt. I think he had a car museum in an old filling station building in Fayetteville, Texas and his wife had an antique dress shop for ladies in Bellville, Texas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 04:37 am:

It looks like a 1916 Model T.
Actual year of individual parts may differ if closely inspected, but from a distance there's nothing glaringly incorrect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

....except for the "pancake" Hassler arms sans springs. Terry, isn't that John Crane? He and wife have the clothing booth in the north building at March Chickasha. Of course, I could be wrong too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

Those are actually a "helper spring" - not Hasslers. I have a set here that are a short multi-leaf cantilever springs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

George, wrong Crane. I was thinking of Stan Crane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hoops - Burton,Texas on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 08:43 am:

His name is Chuck Crane and he is a Model T and Model A guy. I have heard that he has moved out of the area but am not sure of that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration