Interesting Car On T-Bay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Interesting Car On T-Bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

Interesting original car, especially with those side brackets. Seems like a reasonable buy it now price for a HCCA car.

http://r.ebay.com/XL4dYt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Not original Dan, see's a bits'a!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

A lot of good parts there for the money I think at the current bid. Maybe not worth the "buy it now ", (would depend how it runs and drives)
The funniest part is the adapted touring top bows!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

Some interesting choices.
It could be a fun car.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

It needs to run good for that price. Still a neat car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

It's in Fairmont, West Virginia. That's where fun goes to die. I spent about three months there doing consulting work for Alcan Aluminum in the 80s. I drove back home to Ohio every weekend. That place rolls up the sidewalks at 6pm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

I wonder if the running board braces are a bona fide accessory, or some kind of home brew fabrication?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Answered my own question.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/749210.html?1493219227

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 09:53 am:

I will make a prediction that bidder 7***y (270) will win if the vehicle doesn't get close to the "buy it now" price. eBays version of a ghost bidder. If you look at 7***y bid history, they have bought 3 vehicles in the last week from that seller, all different makes.

r/s Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Stephen,

No offense but that describes most of Virginia ...

Which - personally I love - anytime I can be out of cellphone range on a two lane road for a day or more is a good day ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Virginia and "West Virginia" are two separate states. I am amazed at how many people don't get that. And West Virginia is one of the only free states left in the union.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 10:10 am:

I agree with Freighter Jim. My wife and I are downsizing from a 4500 sq. foot house on 8 acres at the edge of a 7 million population metro area to a 1200 sq. foot house on one acre in a town with 18 houses, no public businesses and no city government. I am so happy I could pee down my leg! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 11:33 am:

I'm not sure that I understand James Lyons comment: "West Virginia is one of the only free states left in the union"? Uhhh... What about Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

John,

My guess is - something concerning the Confederate Flag perhaps ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

John... Compare the laws of the state's you mention against that of West Virginia for Constitutional liberties. No comparison.

Maybe freighter Jim is saying much of Virginia is like Fairmont, WV? As opposed to unknowingly lumping the two together as the same state? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:45 pm:

I don't know but we would love to have that car in Idaho. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

James,

My comments were addressing the beauty & solitude of Virginia which apply to areas of West Virginia.

Also - Wyoming where I am today and Montana - where I will be for the next few days.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

Frank is correct. it's a parts salad. For anybody who wanted to turn it into a real 1915 it would be a money pit. I sure wouldn't click that Buy it now button. It would be a fun car for anyone who didn't care about being authentic, but nine grand is too much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Nebelsky on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

Looks like it has the "half moon" cut out above the coil box. Usually indicates a later model, not 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

Robert Bente - I agree. Please keep us posted as I'll forget about it by Tuesday afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 11:44 pm:

David Nebelsky:

The half moon notch in the cowl appeared in 1917 model year, due to the radiator rod being raised.

However, the body on the car is much later than 1917 due to the angle iron style brackets where the body attaches to the the firewall. I believe the angle iron brackets appeared in calendar 1919. 1917 Fords had wood block brackets, not angle iron.

The seller lists 91219 as the serial number when that is actually the casting date (9-12-19) which can be seen in one of the photos. Also note the timing cover with the generator block-off that was used on 1919-21 non-starter cars

We all know it is a later car disguised to look like a 1915 Ford. My opinion based on other details I see in the photos: swapped out parts aside, the car is actually a 1920 Ford (Sept or Oct 1919 assembly).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration