The seller sales pitch is: The body style says, "make me a hot rod,"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The seller sales pitch is: The body style says, "make me a hot rod,"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

https://seks.craigslist.org/cto/d/1927-model-2-door-sedan/6243519533.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Then instead of calling it a Tudor it will become a "Telephone booth" and they will paint it Purple!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Interesting...aux trans., wire wheels, new tires on the improved auto. Depending upon engine ailment (or trans?) may be a bargain.
Sometimes an easy fix to "get it running" - sometimes not so easy.
Nice winter project for someone?

Mike W.??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Time will tell. I hope it finds it's way to someone who will appreciate it for what it is.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

The body looks pretty good, but eight grand is too much for a non-running late model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

Steve, I don't think 8 G's is too much for the car. Go buy a comparable T with good sheet metal, but needing paint, assembly, interior, mechanical overhaul, plating, etc. and tell me how much that you have invested in it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

The steering wheel is a neat piece and I have one on a 26 roadster. It is not only a "fat man" flip up wheel but also an anti-theft wheel. The pin on top allows you to swing the wheel out of the way but the pin on the bottom makes the wheel just spin and not engaged. There is a key that lets the lower pin snap back in place so the wheel is again connected to the steering system.

I have other "fat man" steering wheels but that one is by far my favorite and only the second I have seen.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

New tires, good paint job, wonder why it isn't running? No photo of engine compartment. Leads to ?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Obviously now in the hands of a non-caring person, maybe an inheritance? Their first suggestion is "Hot Rod me" UGH!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 12:11 am:

My guess is that car was some ones "baby". Just from the pictures it looks like a very nice car. More than likely the seller is selling for some ones widow or possibly he inherited it as David mentioned. The seller also probably does not know how to start it. If the engine is anywhere as good as the rest appears to be, and it also appears to have a Ruxtell, you could not build that car for anywhere near 8,000 dollars. Who knows it could even have a Rajo under the hood. (yes things like that do happen) If I was closer to it, I would definitely be checking it out....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 04:34 am:

Might even be something as stupid as the battery is drained and they don't know there's a key switch and a starter instead of an ignitions switch...if it was closer to me, I'd give it a look too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Paint, wheels, tires, Uph kit, maybe safety glass, high dollars right there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 10:15 am:

This will be the fate of many T's (assuming that this is an inheritance car) if the current loving owners don't make plans for their cars.

Fortunately I have have sons who both want my old iron, but I know not everyone does. And I'd frankly rather sell my iron cheap (or even outright give it away) to a young deserving car guy who appreciates the cars and won't butcher them.

I'm only 48, so hopefully I don't have to start worrying about such things for a few decades, but I do think about it occasionally....usually when a little doll like this '27 pops up. This was probably "dad's car". He probably adored it. It's now in the most peril it's probably seen since the WW2 scrap drives.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 11:12 am:

I would doubt that anyone would make a hot rod out of that car. It is too expensive to destroy, and the body style is not the preferred touring or roadster. About the only thing that a modern rodder would use is the body, and a lighter reproduction could be had for less then $8 grand. A model T chassis is useless for a modern V8 rod.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration