1909? Model T at a Car Show Today in Arnold, MO

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1909? Model T at a Car Show Today in Arnold, MO
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

I went as a spectator to a car show in Arnold, MO this morning. One of the cars there was labeled as a 1909 Model T Ford that had been in the same family for at least 85 years. The body did look early, and the car had a non-louvered aluminum hood, but the rear axle was newer and it had demountable rims on it, so it has had newer replacement parts added over the years. It also was painted black, but so long ago that the black paint now looks ancient. Unfortunately, the hood was closed, so I didn't get a look at the engine.

Enjoy the photos! :-)

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

pic6

pic7

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

It's interesting that it has such a long ownership history. I believe the main part of the body is a 1912 Commercial Roadster with a second seat added to the back. Those seats were common to 1911 Open Runabouts and Roadsters and 1912 Commercial Roadsters. I say 1912 because that's what the body platform looks to be. A 1910 Tourabout would have accommodations for a buggy rail and those are later style irons. Also, a Tourabout or '11 roadster would have the double bead on the side of the body below the rear sill. There are some other points, but that's the main thing that jumps out.

It's a neat assemblage of early parts and no doubt has an equally interesting story to go along with it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration