Black and brass E&J sidelight question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Black and brass E&J sidelight question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

I've seen E&J sidelights with a brass top like the Jno Browns and some where the whole top appears to be brass. I've only seen this in pictures so I can't tell if it's all brass or somebody painted the steel a brass color. Also the part where the lamp fits on the bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

There are many variations of the 1909-14 E&J side and tail lights.

E & J variations

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

Use a magnet that will let you know if it's brass or steel. Generally speaking the later mounts were brass covered steel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

There are more variations than in the noted article, also other makers (Brown etc) had lots of variations too.
The 13/14 lamps are supposed to be painted steel with brass trim [chimney & 1/2 font] but I have some with brass bodies and steel trim painted all black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

John, have you found that b/b E&J cowl lamp for our trade yet?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration