OT - Digitized 78s

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Digitized 78s
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Just ran across this while wandering around the internet. If you click on "Listen to..." you can hear the records.

http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/arts-culture/item/106319-philly-company-digit izes-collection-of-25000-old-records-and-growing-free-to-download

Like sitting in front of my Victrola, but with a much greater choice of what to listen to.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Bowers on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Cool link. I have a heavily modified technics sl1200 which I can play 78s on. I am going to add an output to my old pioneer amp and start digitizing some of the old stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

This link should take you to the recordings;
https://archive.org/details/georgeblood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

Thanks Dick and Mark I'm enjoying this...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 01:49 pm:

Stephen Bowers:

I collect 78 rpm records and play then on a Dual 1019 turntable with a Shure M75-6S cartridge and a Shure N75-3 stylus. Whenever I acquire a 78, I give it a good cleaning with mild soap and water and a horse hair brush.

If you are going to digitize records, you don't have to run the signal through your amplifier. You can hook up the turntable directly to your computer.

I have a Mac and have used a Griffin iMic USB audio interface, a small device to hook turntable up to a USB jack on my computer. However, I later found out I can simply plug the turntable directly into the 1/8" stereo microphone jack and use the computer's sound card. In in either cases, it requires a 2 RCA male to 1/8" stereo male audio cable.

There is various software that you can download free from the internet. I use Griffin Final Vinyl which is compatible with my Mac.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

I spent some time browsing the records this morning. Found a record my parents had owned decades ago. Haven't been able to find their copy of the record, but this is it. (I think it may have been considered a bit risqué for the time... :-) )

https://archive.org/details/78_fishing-song-mama-wont-let-me-go-fishing-with-you _dottie-barlow-and-boys-tade-fr_gbia0007035a

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration