OT - Start of the 2017 Antique Car Run

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Start of the 2017 Antique Car Run
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 01:19 am:

Eight Fords started and finished the run. The weather was wonderful, and the run was managed flawlessly by the organizers. If you've not taken in this event, as a spectator or participant, put it on your bucket list. Many forum members attend and it's a wonderful time in the beautiful land of lakes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u5w2a7ocbikt5g/Video%20Aug%2013%2C%209%2051%2054%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Is this an HCCA event? Looks like you're continuing to have fun with your drone. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

31st annual. Big deal out here Mike! I miss it as I work that weekend :-/
The New London to New Brighton run.
oldcarrun.org :-)
The week before is wonderful also!
The run up to S & L Bakko's is within 15 miles of me and I missed it completely.
Thanks Rob! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 12:07 am:

The Old Car Run is not a sanctioned HCCA event. I did the run in 2006 in a 1906 Queen. The tour was great, well organized and beautiful scenery. I hope to do it again. If you have a car that qualifies either for the actual run or the pre-tours, I would certainly recommend doing this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 12:11 am:

1st one I've missed for awhile. But between my friend getting some cancer cut out and my daughter's open heart surgery during the last week I didn't want to get too far from home. Thanks Rob, it was nice to see your video.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 12:36 am:

I believe I read that the run is for one and two cylinder cars. How about the pre-tours? What's eligible?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 01:03 am:

IF I'm correct Steve...
This quote is nabbed from the oldcarrun.org site. Forgive me please. For the good of the hobby...
"Pre-1916 model year vehicles are welcome to register at a reduced fee and join the earlier cars during the warm up tours on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. It's a great opportunity to share the road with these rare and interesting early brass-era automobiles."
Your 15 Runabout/Roadster/Torpedo should be in the game for the warm ups!
I've been to Paynesville and it IS a sight to behold with these cars waking up and away we go in the morning!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 01:12 am:

I love the Collins and Harlan recording. Nice sound quality for 1911. Here's a Jean Goldkette recording of the Oldsmobile song with the famous solo by Bix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGrj_M2QYMQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 01:21 am:

Thanks Steve. The run is for 1908 and earlier cars, and steam, one and two cylinder and electric automobiles through 1915.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Great video, Rob! Although I must confess to some angst seeing a drone around so many vulnerable ancient cars, to say nothing of their equally vulnerable, and sometimes almost equally ancient, occupants. The second car to leave, in a cloud of vapor, was my Stanley.

When I made the run four years ago in my single-cylinder Cadillac, I posted a report with pictures on the HCCA website. Here's a link for those who'd like to learn more about the tour.

https://hcca.org//BOARDS/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=786&sid=ac47530a10dcdde03c16e5b392f 22d31

Gil Fitzhugh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

GFtE, When I watched the video the other day, I saw the Stanley leave, and thought of you. Wondered if you had sold it or not. Guess not. Wondered if it was you. Guess it was!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration