Is this a T-Ford horn?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Is this a T-Ford horn?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jasper van t Hek on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 11:03 am:

Hello,

last week i purchased this horn in a secondhand shop here in the Netherlands. I wondered if this is a horn for a T-Ford? I tried googling, but couldn't find it out. The mounting bracket for example does not contain the word "India", if it did it wasn't original for sure is what i understood.
In the little copper strip are the letters "BC-M".
In the threaded part is the word "Peacock".
Does this combination of letter markings ring a bell with someone? I would like to know if it is an original horn (and what brand of car) and from what period. Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jasper

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jasper van t Hek on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 11:12 am:

This is not a Model T horn.It was probably made in India.You see a lot of these horns at the flea markets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 11:12 am:

No; these were never used on the T although you can probably salvage the reed if it's good and use it a T horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 11:22 am:

No not a T horn (not even made in the era). You could use it as such. These were sold in import shops all over as Bom-bay taxi horns. Some are marked as made in India others Pakistan. They may be still being made but a lot of them were sold back in the 60's and 70's. Hope you got it cheep as the rubber ball to make it blow will cost about what it's worth. They are listed all over ebay, some not bad in price others wildly over priced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jasper van t Hek on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Ok, thanks for the information. Together with two other items (a plate and a sculpture) i paid 10 euros (about 10 dollars).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration