What kind of TOUCH UP Paint

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What kind of TOUCH UP Paint
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

I have a couple of minor scratches and chips in my paint. What kind of paint should I use. A brush, Pen, Etc.
I EVEN HEARD nail polish???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

I've not used nail polish on my T, but I did use it on my black Jeep CJ-5 in the 80's...always getting scratched in the woods....living in the rust belt, u wanted to keep on top of such things...Held up as well or better than the factory finish!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Monday, August 14, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

I was recommended testers model paint. I bought some and touched up some spots that were inconspicuous just in case and I was very surprised it works great. Best to take it slow and just do very light coats with a quality fine brush. For chips a tooth pick works just dap a little on let it kinda pool in the chip let it dry and repeat till the chip is filled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Thanks John And Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

I use the oil based black marker with a spring loaded felt tip. Pushing on the tip delivers paint to the felt. This would be the one with the aluminum body covered with a shrink label. The markers last a long time and are perfect for a quick touch up at a show. The paint is thin enough to not build up and leave a raised repair.

Some of the area craft stores carry these. A fellow car owner gave me one years ago and I've been happy with the results.

I haven't used this particular brand but it's an example of what I use. http://www.michaels.com/extra-fine-tip-multisurface-premium-paint-pen-by-craft-s mart/M10426707.html?dwvar_M10426707_color=Black#start=2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Any kind of paint will work for small chips. Don't have it to thin, it will run and not cover very well. I use a paper match stick, just throw it away when done. Metallic colors don't match very good but that's not a problem with a T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration