Brass radiator 1919

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brass radiator 1919
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 07:09 am:

Check out this car.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/1919-Touring-Edition-Model-T/37690156/LotDetail.as p?lid=37690156&rts=/asp/searchadvanced_i.asp%23searchid%3D0%26type%3Dlot%26searc h%3Dmodel%2Bt%2Bford%26sort%3Drelevance%26view%3Dgallery%26length%3D25%26start%3 D1%26refine%3D#topoflot

I know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Well it aint a '19 that's for sure. And a poor representation of a '15 for that matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 08:57 am:

What's the thingy on the floor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 09:04 am:

The serial number is unclear, but it looks like the engine really may be 1919. Parts salad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 10:44 am:

If I had the extra parts kicking around I have thought about doing the same thing to my 21 Huckster. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 11:06 am:

Charles, if you mean the extra lever it's a Ruckstell shifter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 11:58 am:

Hello Tim Wrenn: That thing does not look anything like my '19 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Looks like somebody with a '14 wanted a starter, so they installed a '19 replacement engine? It does have a Ruckstell. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Looks like a 1919 that someone tried to make look like an earlier car by adding a brass radiator, hood, hood former and lights. It could be a good car for someone if the price was right. You could easily sell the early parts and replace them with the correct 1919 radiator, lights, and hood with some $ left over. The brass radiator and 1911-12 headlamps are worth some decent money. And it has a Ruckstell which is always a plus. If you like it, try to buy it. There is a lot of potential here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

It is a Johnny Cash car. Representation of all years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Thank You Bob.... I was thinking the same thing...LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Hi Bill! Yep I bet it doesn't! Just because the engine MAY be a '19 sure's heck doesn't make the CAR one does it! LOL..like Steve J. said.."parts salad". Or a Frankenpartsstein!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration