Ford Tool 3Z-2316 Front Wheel Bearing Cup Insertion Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford Tool 3Z-2316 Front Wheel Bearing Cup Insertion Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

I would like to purchase one of these tools
If you have one for sale or know of where I can obtain one please contact Ron Patterson email: modeltcoils{at)windstream(dot)net or call 859-881-1677.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Apparently there was a fellow who made a couple, but finding out who he was may be difficult. :-(

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/519203.html?1424260187

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Mark
That fellow was Tony Wiltshire and in reality he made the tool another way, not a reproduction of the 3-Z-2316 tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

Ron, I have the Stevens bearing race presses, you need a press to use them, but same result. Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

I finally bought one off tbay for an obscene price that was the real thing. I looked for years and have not seen one since.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 05:13 pm:

I've never done it but my father takes a a block of wood and taps the race as far as it will go, then takes a used race and places it upside down on top of the new race and taps the new race the rest of the way into the hub.

A while ago, Royce Peterson posted that a Harbor Freight race driver will work:

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-piece-bearing-race-and-seal-driver-set-63261.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

More sets on flea-bay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H 0.Xrace+bearing+driver+set.TRS0&_nkw=race+bearing+driver+set&_sacat=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Looking for the "real thing" Ford part # 3-Z-2316.
Anyone interesting in selling one?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration