1914 Model T for sale on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1914 Model T for sale on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 02:30 am:

Just ran across this ad on Ebay for a 1914 T for sale in California for $11K, way too far for me to check out, looks like it could use some work but looks to have been built in late 1913 with a 1913 dated block etc. If it runs and drives good price doesn't seem too bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 02:31 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Ford-Model-T-/332341507222?hash=item4d6118f496:g:bI 0AAOSwUjpZj0hN&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 03:02 am:

I wish I could afford it. It is about seven hours drive from me.
A properly installed top would help it a LOT! (It is installed backwards!) Otherwise, preserve and enjoy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Good eye Wayne! At least the horn is installed properly! Probably should've been painted black other than the screen rim, but still looks nice like that anyway. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:05 am:

If the top was installed backwards wouldn't it have a skylight? Is there some other backwards way to do it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Tim..they just reversed the top deck. The rear window part goes on separately. The "other Tim". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

The sad thing is, to me, it's probably a good car for someone who could check it out and make sure it's not cobbled together. Presentation on this Ebay listing is a perfect example of what NOT to do...poor pictures, little detail, guess they figure the world will come rushing to their door, but poor presentation surely keeps away serious bidders. As a trimmer, the top astounds me, and signals that someone had the car and had no idea of right and wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

Got it. Having never replaced a top I didn't know they came in two pieces. Thanks other Tim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

It was discussed here prior to previous sale.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/758065.html?1495999351

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

I believe that car was offered at the Bakersfield swap meet. I saw it and it looked like a good, honest car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

It doesn't appear to be the same car that was at Bakersfield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Yeah I thought the top looked a bit off too. It's a car that would definitely need a closer inspection as pictures on Ebay can be a bit deceiving but if it's a true honest 1914 and not an assembled car of various year parts I'd say it's a decent buy, hope someone can pick it up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Ostergren on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:49 am:

It's the same car that was for sale in Bakersfield this year. It was also for sale at Bakersfield in 1999. I looked at it then and a couple of years later. The then owner wanted more for it than I was willing to pay. It's definitely not an assembled car. It has an interesting history, at least in my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Took another look at this car..like Wayne, if it weren't so far away....It's a cute little car, if it were within a one day drive it'd be in my barn now. And this one I'd just "clean er up" and have fun, well, after reversing the top deck that is! I'd even leave the horn all brass. Shocked there's no bids so far. With no reserve, someone stands to get a great car at a very fair price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

It is indeed the car that was at Bakersfield. I just got an email from the owner. I've seen this car several times, and it is a candidate for a restoration. It is 100% authentic, but the lamps would probably need replacing. There is a big dent in the turtle deck. If I was looking for a 1914 roadster, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I think the price is reasonable too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration