Request for T Speedster Photos

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Request for T Speedster Photos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rdsieber on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:21 am:

I am writing the Forum to ask members if anyone would be able to provide me with some period photos of Model T speedsters in use? Street and track versions that also include people in the photos are what I am looking for. I have scoured several libraries, including the AACA, but have not yet found all that I need. This is the most active forum on the subject, hence my request to all of you.
I have written a book on the classic speedster movement in the U.S, time period approximately 1904 to 1960, and am in need of photos for my chapter on the Model T speedster movement. This is an important chapter in the larger story, and I would like a few examples of cars as well as a few examples of speed accessory catalog ads to better convey the story. Hi-res scans of 300dpi are needed for print. Although photos and illustrations prior to 1923 are in the public domain, I would request permission to use someone's personal property as well as promise attribution in the book if I end up using it.
Please PM me on this forum if you would be able to help me out with my book project. Although I do not yet own a Model T, I am a member of AACA and rub elbows with T folks in my local chapter. Hoping one day for more garage space...
Thanks in advance,
=rdsieber

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:33 am:

https://modeltfordfix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Good collection of old race pictures here, including some of the racers camping in the pits.

http://www.nwvs.org/lawrence-o-hughie-hughes-auto-racing-photo-collection/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rdsieber on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

Mark:
Thanks for that link to that collection associated with "Jay in Northern California." He has posted on this site for some time and I have tired to contact him but no luck yet in a response.
Derek:
The NWVS looks to be a very active organization. I did not know that they had period photos. These are like what I need, so I will contact them to see if I can get a few scans.
=rds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Cress on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Amazing photos! Thank you for sharing their locations.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration