Hand brake / control shaft bearing blocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hand brake / control shaft bearing blocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:23 am:

I have two vintage hand brake assemblies. Both are the later pressed clutch cam style ... but one has cast bearing blocks for the control shaft (how the shaft is bolted to the frame) and the other has stamped bearing blocks. Is the stamped variant later or just a different part manufacturer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

That p/n 3450 Controller Shaft Bracket has the same factory # 311, but obviously at some time, I would guess in the later years a pressed steel substitute was made for perhaps a short period.

Have only seen a few of these pressed steel with Ford script brackets.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/666165.html?1470751960

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Yes, those are the ones .... will post pictures tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Guys, I don't wish to sound too dumb but did these pressed/stamped brackets appear about the same time as the missing oil holes in the frames?
If it's been touched on and I missed or am way off base, ignore this post please. :-)
Shoot, I gotta go out in the rain and look at 2 late chassis to see if the brackets are what I think they are. Cast/forged.
Wait, they're forged as I busted a tab off on one many years ago and stick welded it back on. Still holding. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration