Model T Engine Crate Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Engine Crate Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Cross on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

We have the upstairs of our 101 year old dealership set up as it looked in the teens. I have a T engine I would like to build a crate for and stage in the "parts dept". I am looking for a pic of T engine new in the crate. We have a few NOS T era parts still in the crate, but all of them are built differently. Any knowledge on how engine crates were constructed is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Cross on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

another crate on the property

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Saw a NOS '26-'27 block for sale once, but wasn't in a packing crate so don't know what they looked like.

But here are 21" natural finished wood wheels, packed in Ford shipping crates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

This is amazingly neat stuff, kudos to you for setting up a time period shop, and a special thanks to all who post photos of NOS parts in their original shipping crates....I L-O-V-E this stuff !!! O.T. does anyone recall the article, I think it was in Hemmings Classic
Cars, of the fellow with an original Sears high wheeler...he built a crate as would have been used to ship new, he trailers it to schools, then demonstrates how the car would be removed from the crate install the loose parts, add fluids and start it up and drive it around to the amazement of all present...What an awesome way to teach history!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Cross on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Tha,is, I love this stuff too!!! Very thankful for this site & the people willing to share their knowledge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Steven, I bought an engine out of New York a couple years ago that was delivered in a crate that was well built and fit it very well. If I can get into town within the next day or two, I'll take a photo and post it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration