1912 E&J Side lamps ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1912 E&J Side lamps ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

I have a pair of E&J brass side-lamps and wondering if they are actually Model T lamps or off some other car ? They look correct, with round forward facing lens, square side facing door lenses, but have small red rearward facing "jewel" glasses.
I have never seen any E&J side /tail lamp of the style with any "FORD" identification (like on victors or browns)so ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:31 am:

Are they all brass or steel and brass? As far as I know 09-12 brass and 13 steel & brass all had the red jewel facing the rear. 14 lamps generally had no jewel just a blank panel. Do you have pictures? I may not be understanding your description correctly. John

(Message edited by Jtt3 on August 17, 2017)

(Message edited by Jtt3 on August 17, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:38 am:

is the mounting bracket solid brass or steel with a brass covering? Solid brass = repop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:46 am:

The brass lamps that E&J made for Ford just had the patent information on the top and no "Ford" script.

Most brass headlamps that E&J made have a Ford Script, but some headlamps were used that had no makings on them. We call them "E&J No name." They are occasionally seen on 1911 torpedos, but my late 1911 touring had them, too.

E&J made lamps for cars other than Ford as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration