Here is my conundrum:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Here is my conundrum:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Here is my conundrum: is it that ice cream parlors attract Model Ts or is it that Model Ts attract ice cream parlors????
It seems like there is one on every tour!

This is what I'm talking about. Last night Pat Henderson, Hunter Henderson and I went out for ice cream at Ilsey's Ice Cream Stand in Weare, New Hampshire. Afterwards Pat said "why don't we take the long way home, that way we can enjoy seeing some different scenery and try to stay off all those awful paved roads". 1. Ilsey's Ice Cream Stand 2.Hunter "I haven't finished yet 3. I think this could be restored, "but is it s barn find" 4. We're not lost yet 5. NOW we are

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:01 am:

I went to Brewster's with my T, Wife & dog. The dog got a free puppy Sundae My wife got turtle tracks I got a banana split and the T got all of the attention! Someone asked me if it took a long time to drive to Brewster's in "THAT CAR" I said yep we started out in 1927 and finally found this place!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:09 am:

Warren...couldn't ask for a better conundrum, could we! Great pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:34 am:

Great Thread !

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:37 am:

GR, I would have to start in 1917 if I took Sambuca, my 1917 Model T Canopy Express Delivery, but 1st you need to send me the directions.

Sambuca, the one that started all this T stuff for me

Thank you Tim, Model Ts and ice cream just go together.

On tour last Sunday (and every tour for that matter) I am always reminded about my youth, when almost every Sunday after "Sunday Dinner, the best meal of the week", everyone would pile into our car (a 1934 Nash 4dr Saloon or a 1940 Buick 4dr Sedan, for folks on this side of the pond) and go for a drive it the country. That was before TV and we had to provide ourselves with our own entertainment. Is it me or were most folks friendlier back then, than they are now?

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:34 am:

Sunday in my youth - 8 years old - consisted of church at 10 a.m. - then home and then the Sunday newspaper (The Minnapolis Journal), then a hearty Sunday dinner. After that my father would take the family for a Sunday ride in his 1938 Packard 8 four door sedan. A great car that replaced his 1936 Chevrolet four door. I did not drive my own car until September of 1946 when at the age of 14 I bought my 1910 T Touring. Now it is Sunday drives in our 1931 Model A Ford roadster.http://www.redwingcollectors.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:37 am:

i do not know how the link to the Red Wing Pottery got attached to my post. We are members number 46 out 5 thousand members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

It's okay Darel, I enjoyed your comment. Do you have any photos of that 1938 Packard 4dr sedan, I would love to see them. I may have Model T oil mixed with coolant in my veins (today I had to drop the oil pan inspection cover and it had a lot of water behind it, me do not think that's a good thing) instead of good old American red blood, but I still enjoy seeing photos of
Pre-WWII automobiles.

Happy motoring,

Warren

oil pan cover

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration