More Detailed Information on Installing Hassler Shocks ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: More Detailed Information on Installing Hassler Shocks ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coleman-Grand Marais MN/Detroit MI on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:52 am:

I bought a set of front shocks a couple years ago on e-Bay; they seem in good condition. I have the Hassler reprint available from the vendors, and have searched this Forum for information.

Is there another source with lots of photos detailing the installation? The reprint is quite terse (and maybe I am dense on this) and more information would be helpful. This is for my '23 Touring.

(I suppose if these is nothing I will slog through and generate such a file for other.)

thnx, d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:59 am:

David, I too looked at an online copy of the reprint and didn't find it as clear as I had hoped, especially the re-arrangement of the spring perches. If you find better instructions, please share!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 11:00 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/373650.html?1373670300

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 11:08 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/524966.html?1426168045

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

Thanks, Ed, but I think that is the sheet we don't find to be quite as clear as we would like. Like David, maybe its just me but I don't quite get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

Ooops---hadn't looked at the second link. Thats helpful, Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coleman-Grand Marais MN/Detroit MI on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

Thank you Ed. For reasons unknown these two links you so kindly provided did not come up on my search engine. I will definitely proceed ... very cautiously.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Forest Ledbetter on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

Not to highjack this thread, but has anyone installed the twin hasslers and a bumper using the original style bracket?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration