Exhaust Deflector Points at Axle Tube?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Exhaust Deflector Points at Axle Tube?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Davis-Williams - Lake City, MI on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 05:13 pm:

After realizing how dirty the spare tire on my 26 Tudor was from exhaust, I applied an exhaust deflector. Now the exhaust points directly at the rear axle tube. Is that correct? I guess I pictured it pointing more towards the ground. Seems like a lot of heat going towards the inner bearings inside the axle tube...

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Hostalets de Pierola (Spain) on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

I just realised that my recently installed stainless deflector is doing the same thing. The engine has been run less than an hour and the axle tube is covered in exhaust soot. Going to have to make a deflector for the deflector...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Davis-Williams - Lake City, MI on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 05:51 pm:

Lol! I'm thinking the same thing. Always something to tinker on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Some very late muffler ends were stamped out of one piece of steel, and had a small deflector built right in, as well as the muffler hanger.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration