Terminology

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Terminology
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim KEENEY, on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

What is PM and BTT?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:29 pm:

Private Message. Back To Top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

To send someone a Private Message (PM), click on their user ID and look for the Click Here to enter your private message.

Folks post a BTT reply message to a thread to force the thread Back To Top of the Forum message board so others will take notice of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 18, 2017 - 12:41 am:

Sometimes, I just make a snide remark to send threads back to the top. Like now.
Sorry. Just my warped sense of humor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, August 18, 2017 - 01:54 am:

Snide remarks Wayne? Wha? You? :-)
Bump (also) equals Back To the Top.
Sometimes I wish I could respond to a thread (in a conscientious and intelligent manner) and NOT have it bumped back up to the top.
I actually spelled conscientious correct. Oh oh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, August 18, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

Duey C, I have been called "Whiplash" a few times. And not without reason. Although there don't seem to be many people left around that remember that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim KEENEY, on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Ok then what is bump for 500.00?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

"Bump" the thread back to the top!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

In some places, btt or BTT or Btt is defined as "Bump to top" as opposed to "back to top". Either one is simply a way to keep an interesting thread near the top of the list where it can be seen more easily. I have also seen Bttt which is "Bump to the top".

You can send the check to:
Just kidding. :-)
And being Snidely Whiplash again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 01:36 am:

Alex. What is, "Bump It Back To The Top"?.
That's correct.
:-)
Wayne, as long as you're doing right for Nell, you're good. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration