Interesting day at work today;

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Interesting day at work today;
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, August 18, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

So I go into work today (Michigan State University) and before my shift begins I am off to catch a bat--the life of Pest Control. Off to a breakfast / meeting I have no interest in and again another bat call so I have an excuse to leave. While driving through campus I get behind a '26 roadster with a "peddlers" box with the drop tail light and follow the couple until I can catch their attention and asked if they would pull into a lot for a talk.

This is a really nice T and the owner bought it from his dad and he is the 3rd owner but now the bad news...the Michigan Jamboree of T's is on campus and I did not know. The driver told me that there were about 100 cars at a location on campus but off I went on a service call for yellow jackets and by the time I got there only a sweet '16 touring with Dayton wire wheels from Florida.

I missed the tour and several forum posters who were there who I have met or would have liked to have met...but I was busy "saving peoples lives" from possibly rabid bats and stinging insects along with other safety issues...the leash is only on my neck for another 3 1/2 years. I have several T's but no time with work and a business and have not started a car again this year.

Did anyone take any photographs at MSU today? Sorry I missed it, you were right on my campus and I didn't know.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, August 18, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Tim, my grandfather was a professor at MSU between - approximately - 1905 and 1910. Not sure exactly. My dad was born in 1909 and he was teaching there then. As I understand the story, my grandfather was assistant head of the physics department and the department head resigned. They brought in someone from outside to take over the department and my grandfather quit and went to work for Underwriters Laboratories in Chicago. From there, he was hired away by Bussman Manufacturing Company (Buss Fuses) in St. Louis and the rest is (my family) history. My kids are fourth-generation St. Louisans.

My grandparents' first car was a 1915 Dodge, after which they owned a 1928 Dodge, a 1936 Dodge, a 1941 Dodge, a 1950 Dodge and finally a 1956 Chrysler. They never owned a Ford.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration