Posting pictures on eBay listings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Posting pictures on eBay listings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Have you ever noticed that carburetors listed on eBay are often pictured upside down? You might expect that with people who barely know why a carburetor is ... but it's also done by people who regularly sell old car parts too.

Also ... there is an idea that placing dark parts against a white background is good ... but only if you know how to lighten the picture you have taken. It can be much easier for people to shoot their old dark parts against a dark background. This actually makes the part appear lighter ... easier to see details. Don't even get into focus! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Photos are sent from "Smartphone" and maybe others, they seem to end up often upside down even when corrected. "Smartphone" LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 11:07 am:

When I was in college I took a picture of some black friends who were in front of a white wall. The light background did what light backgrounds do to dark subjects, and when the guys saw the picture they enjoyed teasing me about having a prejudiced camera.

Occasionally I've posted pictures for people who haven't learned how to do that yet, and sometimes the photos from a "smart" device are sideways or upside down. Sometimes rotating 90 or 180 will fix that. But there have been some I've rotated and they still show up cockeyed in the preview. In those cases turning them another 360 sometimes works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

You have to strip the orientation from the photos metadata. Then it will display normally regardless ... that is if it's correctly oriented to start with.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:34 am:

When your listing on ebay, while posting photos they have photo editing you can use to correct things. You just have to remember to click "save"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration