Fun Accessories for a Tudor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fun Accessories for a Tudor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 09:05 am:

I really like my 27 Tudor, but I'm always looking for little improvements or window dressing. I bought a luggage rack, but quickly realized I couldn't open the door if I used it, so I replaced it with a great 1920s-era luggage strap the locks onto the running board. That works great. I also picked up a tool box, but found that getting in and out (often already a challenge) was made more difficult with the box sitting on the running board.

So what are some fun, useful, or interesting accessories I should think about? I'd like to dress the car up, not make my life more difficult. Interior or exterior ideas all welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 09:26 am:

Eido, for many years there were picture threads titled "accessory of the day". You can Google them and add MTFCA and you will find links to those threads and they are all era correct. A few that come to mind are vintage signaling devices like the rotund policeman whose arms would stick out depending on the direction you turn. A rear mount luggage rack, thru windshield spotlights, jeweled dash light, speedometer, etc. Have fun :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 09:33 am:

As an example http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/206186.html?1305403823

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 09:55 am:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Frontenac-Racing-Head-Valve-Cover-Exhaust-C arb-Model-R-/122610844920?hash=item1c8c2d04f8:g:4JMAAOSw~e5ZSn2t&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 10:51 am:

LOL Chad, not exactly window dressing but.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

I don't have any on my T's but if you're into "dressing up" your Tudor, you might consider those nickeled 'eyelid' looking headlamp covers with expensive aftermarket lens with the upper part green glass. That said, I enjoy deeply purpled Ford script lenses on 2 of my Ts..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

How about a canvas water bag? They are easy to find and an authentic and useful accessory.bag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

Fatman steering wheel is always a good one. In an enclosed car like a tudor sedan, bud vases are a nice touch, but some guys can't handle those. Nice silk flowers in the vases make them easy maintenance. A good friend of mine used to keep a classic Teddy Bear in his car. On the other hand, another fellow kept a stuffed chicken in his coupe.
I like the look of accessory bumpers on Ts. The improved T factory accessory bumpers may be a bit more difficult to get these days, but they would be the better choice.
Wheels are a personal preference. Personally, I prefer the wood wheels on most model Ts. However, the factory wire wheels were available on most improved ('26/'27) model T cars. And most people seem to like the wire wheels better. They do tend to brighten up the car a bit. Since your car is a '27, and an enclosed body, many people will tell you that it would only have come with wire wheels. I generally don't argue that point, but it may or may not be true. That decision is yours to make. But red or cream colored wires would brighten the car somewhat.
I like a "well accessorized" model T. A mirror, spotlight or two, nice motometer and dogbone radiator cap (however, be aware that the weight of the bigger caps have been known to break the radiator neck loose a few times). A nice after-market tail and brake lamp arrangement can be a nice addition, and make night driving a little safer.
When it comes to "bells and whistles"? I never cared for bells and whistles. A good original vintage klaxon is as far as I will go on my cars. But that again is your choice.

You have a good looking car, and a great start to a long time hobby! Enjoy it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

A mannekin or skeleton in the back seat, or front seat if you prefer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration